Again, we are blessed to have supporters such as you. God Bless you!
Hurricane Maria - CAT 5
- Expected to make landfall in Puerto Rico Wednesday Morning. We are continuing to monitor the situation in Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. We are in contact with our partners on the ground to see where we can be most helpful. For now, please pray for those in the path of this catastrophic hurricane.
Hurricane Irma - The destruction from Irma is extremely widespread. We are preparing to ship items to those affected by the storm (see below what has been shipped so far). Please continue to pray for those affected.
The result of the storm has been catastrophic with at least 22 deaths and millions without power. After days of destruction, Irma -- the first Category 4 landfall in Florida since 2004 -- has dissipated. Now, evacuated Floridians are sitting in bumper-to-bumper traffic to head home and face monumental cleanups throughout the state. While The destruction from Irma is extremely widespread. We are preparing to ship items to those affected by the storm. See below what has been shipped so far. Please continue to pray for those affected.
Hurricane Jose is a CAT 1 storm with 75mph winds and is roaming around the Atlantic Ocean. We will continue to watch the path of Jose..
Hurricane Harvey has affected millions of people, family pets and livestock in the Gulf Coast. It has resulted in at least 60 deaths, tens of thousands in shelters and destruction the likes of recent history hasn't seen since Hurricane Katrina. The storm is over and stagnant and polluted flood waters still sits atop Texas roadways and communities. Billions of dollars of personal loss, destruction and heartache continues to sweep over the millions affected by this disaster. As well, there are significant health hazards to be considered on top of all the other devastation the disaster creates. The murky waters from the flooding is polluted with waste sludge, oil and petroleum, sewage and other contaminants. Being in water like this can cause all kinds of health risks like tetanus, MRSA (an antibiotic-resistant staph bacteria), Hepatitis C, and even flesh-eating pathogens. The people have found that if they've been in the water, they come out with their skin itching severely unless they immediately wash with bleach or an alcohol-based soap.
Because of the generosity of our donor-friends
, International Aid has already deployed disaster relief aid. Our network of partners, who serve people in need in the affected areas, are working with us and letting us know what is needed. So far we have provided:
- 12 pallets of hygiene kits, that consists of shampoo, soap, wash cloth, a comb, and toothbrush and toothpaste
- 16 pallets of hand soap
- 10 pallets of antibacterial liquid soap (updated)
- 2 pallets of paper products
- Cleaning tools - mops, ringers and buckets
- 11 pallets of bedding
- 1 truckload of baby food
- 46 pallets of disinfectant wipes (updated)
- 2 truckloads of protein bars and shakes
- 17,000 children books and devotionals
- 4 truckloads of over-the-counter medicines, baby formula and toddler food (updated)
- More than 20,000 of assorted personal care items like shampoo, conditioner, and tooth care items
Here's how you can GET INVOLVED!
Donate today, so that we can continue to provide disaster relief for the families affected by these hurricane disasters. Recovery from natural disasters, like these, take a very long time and there are so many people in need of our help and support.
Other Donations We Are Accepting:
All items must be NEW and UNOPENED
- Personal Care & Toiletry Items - toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, feminine hygiene products, diapers, baby wipes, baby powder
- Clean Up Supplies - work gloves, mops, buckets, heavy-duty trash bags, tarps, coolers
- Bedding - blankets, sheets, pillows and pillow cases (MUST BE ALL NEW and UNUSED)
- Animal Food - cat and dog food
Items can be dropped at:
17011 Hickory Street
Spring Lake, MI 49456
Between 8 AM and 5 PM
We Are NOT Accepting:
- Opened, Expired or Refrigerated Food
- Prescription Medicines
- Used or Opened Personal Care Items and Toiletries
You can also join us in Hygiene Kit Packing Events that we will keep you updated on in the coming weeks. Share our stories and posts with your family and loved ones and continue to be engaged to show our neighbors in the affected areas the love of Jesus.