Author: Sarah Rexford
During Jesus’ earthly ministry he provided for people spiritually as well as physically. The masses thronged to hear his teaching and left refreshed spiritually and many times, physically healed.
Today it is estimated that in developing countries roughly 70 percent of medical equipment does not work. That leaves just 30 percent of medical equipment to help the hurting. In many cases manuals are missing and power connections simply do not work. International Aid seeks to bridge the gap between donors and recipients by reconditioning the equipment and providing products from X-ray machines to something as simple as anesthesia.
These may seem like commodities to us, but to those in countries around the world, having working equipment is a rarity.
The need for working equipment in developing countries is great. Through providing refurbished equipment and making certain the equipment comes with technical support and manuals, lives are being changed.
The need is great.
The call is loud.
Together we are answering one piece of equipment at a time.
Assessing hospitals, medical centers, assessments and evaluations are all part of the process of transforming lives. As we saw with the story of Kadiatou, sometimes one surgery is what brings someone from hurting and spiritually dry, to healed and saved.
37 years of experience later, we continue working to bring change to the world. Disaster and pain is as real today as it was when Jesus walked on earth. Healing is just as necessary. Spiritual life is desperately needed.
By equipping partners in the field, we are bringing change… changing lives… and impacting eternity.
This is a calling we are honored to be part and one we gladly share with countless others. It takes a team to create the change we need. Thanks to the expertise of our bio-meds, previously unusable equipment is being transformed into quality equipment, and this equipment now has a high level of sustainability.
The whole process of physical change would be minuscule if it did not point to the goal of spiritual change. This change is just as necessary today as it was two thousand years ago.
The main difference today is that we get the privilege of looking into the eyes of those Jesus has created and be part of the change.
The vision is great. The calling is loud. Catch the vision and join our movement as we bring change to our world. Every life matters, and providing for the masses starts one piece of equipment, one shipment, and one life at a time.